Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Blonde and Ginger Stereotyping



Pardon me, sir, but can I help you in any way? Ah, I see I have startled you. Do not be scared by my blonde hair: I am an intellectual. I noticed that you were distracted by something; more than merely distracted, in fact you appeared to be infatuated with what you were looking at, and because I am both a blonde and an intellectual, I thought I might offer you my services.


How did I know you were in need of my help? No, it was not that you were staring aimlessly around the room trying to avoid anyone seeing where your gaze led; many people do that, particularly the blonde women when their brains cease to work for a time. No, it was your bright red cheeks to match your tomatoey hair that divulged your thoughts. I do not mean this as an insult, for I see you as a ginger, but merely as an observation.


You appear to be disgusted; I have offended you indeed, as your cheeks grow to become the shade of  a ripe bruise, and cause your freckles to disappear. But please believe me I do not discriminate against people with red hair; I am not blind to how it feels to be stereotyped. When I hear of a blonde friend being called a slut or dumb, solely because of her hair color, I instantly feel hurt as well. I take every opportunity to vomit my intelligence to the world, at least as far as my supposed acorn mind will allow me.


Where was I? Oh yes, your infatuation. Would you like me to call that man over here? Oh, are you afraid of your telling cheeks? Do you fear he will see you as soulless? Do not fret, he is in my class here at Dartmouth. I shall tell him you're a catch. Have I been too forward? It is because you and I appear to be on the same level of stereotyping that I am comfortable speaking so openly about this topic. Your face flames are dying down. I have talked too much and have no noticed he is approaching. I shall collect my thoughts and you your soul. Although, I should hope you can talk without blushing for your sake friend!



http://matt-alittlenonsensenowandthen.blogspot.com/2012/12/common-courtesy.html

http://listcrown.com/top-10-blonde-stereotypes/

http://allthingswildlyconsidered.blogspot.com/2014/07/freckled-faces-finding-fortune.html

http://www.jenatadnes.com/bg/rubrics/44-rubs/3106-articles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment